November 3, 2014

great hugs

the beginning of november is always a time for reflection for me. 
the year is almost over and i seriously sit and reflect at all of the annual goals i didn't ever get to.
i also try and make a mental note of my "grateful fors" and make a list. 

sunday in relief society, the teacher handed around ten slips of paper. 
each had a question on it asking us something we were grateful for in different situations. 
i got the question: what experience are you thankful for this week and why? 
saturday i worked my first birthday party at the trampoline park 
{one of my two brand new jobs} 
and i had no idea what i was doing even though it had been explained to me a couple of times.
i didn't let it on that i was new and had never done this before 
until the birthday party was almost over. 
the party mom looked at me and said, "you're doing great. I had no idea." 
my coworkers had been assuring me all day that i was doing great,
but to hear it from a perfect stranger was the comfort i needed. 


with all this new stuff, i am really missing the old stuff. 
i'm really, really missing my bar t-5 friends 
and the people that i interacted with while in jackson.
 the job was comfortable and the people are and were amazing. 
i see all of my friends going about school and work, 
and i wish i was there to see them in person more often.

on halloween, we all went back to the summer and went cowboy.
i feel like almost all of us posted a picture of ourselves,
dressed up in perfect cowboy outfits. 
i miss it so much, but i know that with all good things, 
they come to an end. 
i miss the stable hours and the fact that i knew 
how much was going to be on the next paycheck.
{salary has its perks and downsides}
 i could hang out with people my age 
simply by walking out of the bedroom door
 and it was always an environment i felt safe interacting in. 
never any raunchy situations. 
i miss cuddling on the couch watching a movie and
just sitting next to a great friend with his arm around me.
i also miss seth's hugs.
he always knew exactly when you needed a great hug.

but then again, i know that jackson is now a part of me 
and i will be back again. soon.
the friends i made this summer are forever. 
even if some of us are thousands of miles apart from each other. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
goal update:

1. focusing on setting aside time to do it, 
in the evenings before i sit down to watch tv. 

2. one more interview tomorrow and then my papers will be submitted!

3. tomorrow i don't work in the afternoon, so i can get the help i need 
from mom to get the back pieced together. 
and then off to the quilter it can go!

4. i will have my shifts for next week by wednesday for my retail job 
and then i can set a time for next week! 

5. i am going through the hymns and playing the ones i have heard before 
to try and get a feel for how they are played. 
i have an easier time playing something i have heard before,
 so i am going through and playing the right hand 
and then adding the left hand in. i'm getting better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment