October 27, 2014

home!

i have finally reached it:

HOME!


nothing describes the relief that was felt 
when i saw the familiar interstate exits after ten months.

i almost cried.

but after over 29 hours in the car, i was ready for my own bed.

my grandparents were saints, and helped drive me the 29 hours to k-town.
my grandfather is a history nut, so one of the stipulations of the cross country drive,
was that we had to stop at a couple of historical sites on our way. 
stopping at winter quarters, missouri and nauvoo, illinois only added two hours to the drive.
they have some great visitors centers at both places, 
and we were able to learn and see a lot of neat things.
and of course, my grandfather got to show his extensive knowledge of Church History.
the poor ladies at both visitors centers didn't hold a candlestick to his vast knowledge.
it was really cool though to learn more about church history at those two places.

the gorgeous nauvoo temple.
rebuilt in all its pre-fire glory.

since i have been home, i have been busy!

got two jobs.
have been to multiple doctors' offices.
been used as a pin cushion to get vaccines.
filled out paperwork for my mission for 
and have gotten my t-shirt quilt almost ready for the quilters.

i am one doctors appointment and two interviews away from submitting my mission papers
and i am ecstatic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
goals:

1. read and study the scriptures and Preach My Gospel daily.

2. finish my mission papers and get them submitted.

3. get my t-shirt quilt into the quilt shop.

4. go out with the sister missionaries at least one every two weeks.

5. practice the hymns so i can play more than two sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment