June 20, 2011

trek

so a couple of weeks ago I guess now, I went on trek. and I LOVED it. I had a great family with an AMAZING ma and pa. they were really good about helping each other get to know each other better. during the first two miles before lunch, we used the first letter of our names to describe ourselves. turns out we had like 5 people with names that started with a’s. I don’t have pictures (SORRY!) but lets see:

#1- awesome adam

#2- amazing alex

#3- ME!

#4- athletic allie

#5- mysterious mariah

#6- ragin’ ross

#7- rockin’ rand

#8- kind kayla

#9- excellent erick

lol and then my magnificent ma and patient pa. lol they are just sooo amazing. I love them so much and we only were together for like three days.  but we had a lot of fun. allie got a massive headache (like crippling bad), so she sat in the cart and friday two of our brothers used a two-man carry to carry her back to base camp (about a 1/4 mile) so that her uncle could take her to the hospital (like an hour away). but we had an awesome time. allie got some medicine and was able to have an awesome time the rest of trek. we played some rather authentic games for the times and we all wore our pioneer clothing without any major complaints.

testimony meeting was amazing. the Spirit was so strong there. and one of our friends that isn’t a member that came along with us, bore her testimony and it was just absolutely beautiful. one of my brothers who I didn’t expect to be emotional at all, totally broke down during his testimony and it was incredibly beautiful.

we had a solo experience and my parents wrote me amazing letters. before I had even opened up the envelope I was crying because all the memories of the last time my parents had done that, came rushing back. it was so amazing. I have a greater appreciation for everything that the pioneers went through just to follow what the Lord had told the prophets to do. it was amazing. they were such a faith-filled people and to live among them would have been amazing. a couple of the families had a true simulation of what the pioneers had bc a ma was pregnant, they had a bruised ankle, and one of their boys got sick the first night so he ended up going home (so we joked that he “died”). but it was a lot of fun. nobody really complained about the amazing amount of bugs (ewww we used soo much bug spray) or like smelling like a cow. not at least until we were in the car on our way home.

overall it was amazing!! lol if you want to see pictures go {here} or the trek’s photobucket page.

No comments:

Post a Comment