February 14, 2011

lifeguarding

so this summer im going to be a lifeguard. at least that’s the hopes.

first I had to pass a pretest. a simple 300, and then a timed simulation. sprint to the end of the pool, surface dive and retrieve a 3-lb weight. then swim on your back with both hands on the weight. as fast as possible. and for someone who hasn’t swam in about 6 months, that’s about 3-4 minutes. the 300 took like a half hour because it was a 150 freestyle and a 150 breast (my slowest stroke).

the next step is to go to a class this weekend (a total of 31 HOURS) and learn about how to save peoples lives. seeing how ive got my cpr certification most of the “saving” part should be a relative review. that’s the hopes anyways. me and a friend are doing it together so we can be alone together, so its going to be a blast. I really enjoy talking and doing things with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment