February 21, 2011

legally licensed 2

so now I can say that I am legally licensed to save your life.

 

quite literally.

 

 

for the past four days, I have been taking this American Red Cross class to become a legally licensed lifeguard. tough work. and its pretty exhausting too. three and a half hours Thursday, four hours Friday, six and a half hours Saturday and then four hours Sunday. total that’s 18 hours. the course was supposed to be 31, but we only had 5 people in our class, so everything went by soo much quicker. thank goodness. but it was still brutal. :-\

needless to say i did little at my house besides sleep the past couple of days, but I learned how to do cpr, use an aed, and remove people from the water safely. regardless of whether or not they have a spinal injury or not. it was quite an interesting experience and I am thankful that I wont have to go through that for a little while, three years to be exact.

my class was soo much fun. we had a senior (she was just recertifying), a friend from church, a freshman (who didn’t want t0 the course in the first place), and then ONE boy. the freshman was the source of entertainment definitely. the boy was actually really cute and he is going to make a VERY good lifeguard. hahahaha *blush*

No comments:

Post a Comment