January 5, 2011

prince charming and his various princesses

throughout time, prince charming has been the hero in countless princess stories. he comes riding in on his magnificient and gorgeous horse, saves the day, and then the once distraught girl and her true love ride off into the sunset. recently i have been talking to a certain young man, and he has recently been sending me off to bed with a "good night princess" and "sweet dreams". isnt that adorable!? he is so kind and he really seems to understand me, and he compliments me even when he cant see me. he tells me im beautiful even when he knows that im wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. how sweet!

one day when i first started talking to him (via text, its cheaper that way) he made a comment about "the one"... saying something about how if there really is a girl out there for him, who is she?, do i know her?, do i see her everyday but just look right over her and not notice her? i thought that it was very thought provoking.

is there a person that really will complete you?
does it happen spontaneously like it does in Snow White, Aladdin, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid?
or does it take time like it does in Beauty and the Beast?
is there a catharsis?
or does it just suddenly click?
are there really sparks?
is there anything about the love stories you read about in books true?
can the first one you fall in love with be the only one?

just some curious questions that i have for myself... thought id ask you guys for advice to these questions...

the real answer for me wont come until im much older and happily married. until then they are just sitting there in the back of my mind waiting for answers.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say that I'm an expert. But I think you just know when the time is right that he's the guy for you. That doesn't mean it's all roses and hollyhocks {as my dad would say!} once you tie the knot --it takes work. I love something my cousin told me when I asked her what it's like to be married and in love. She said, "Fun, full of laughter, being with your best friend all the time, a lot of work, but worth it."

    And by the way, there is a wonderful talk that I love to read whenever I get to thinking about my future husband by President Uchtdorf called "Your Happily Ever After" from the April 2010 Young Women Broadcast. It's makes me cry every time, and it makes me excited for what is to come in the really not-so-far future. Especially because what's in your future really begins with the choices that you make now.

    P.S. I prefer the Beauty and the Beast love story always, just fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete