February 24, 2010

creepers

creepers in the neighborhood...


how do you find them?

this crazy thing google and the right keywords.

and that is exactly what i did today during third block. my teacher talked to us about the stuff we put on the internet and how we need to be safe about that. then we watched a couple of videos about real life kids (girls, ironically, for the most part) who were not safe about the information they put on the internet and they were found by guys who were supposed friends. the scary thing is that both of them ended up in jail, but both will end up out of there before they die. you can finish that mind track...

so we ended the end of the day with searching ourselves and seeing how much personal information we can find out from looking through the google entries. scary stuff if you look through it. then we looked for all the registered sex offenders in a ten mile radius of our houses. i found that there are about ten in a ten mile range of my house... CREEPY!!! i looked up my parents (because i knew that my name wasnt going to show up in an online phonebook) and i was able to find the age range of my parents and the exact location of my home and DIRECTIONS to get to my house... and a detailed list of all my neighbors and all the adults living in the household. thank goodness they arent allowed to put a minors name on that list!! 0:)

i will be making sure my house is completely locked up next time i am babysitting.. that is how creeped out i am about this whole situation

No comments:

Post a Comment