December 14, 2014

holiness to the lord.


friday was the day.

i posted these words on instagram and they are totally true

I love to see the temple, I'm going there today to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. 
For the temple is a House of God, a place of love and beauty. 
I've prepared myself while I was young; this is my sacred duty.

ever since i was in primary, i have sung the song "I Love to See the Temple"
and sung about going inside some day.

up until last year, i always thought that it would so that i could be married in the temple
a few short weeks after.

but as i read my patriarchal blessing again, and began to understand that the Lord
wanted me to serve a mission, i have known that i would be going through the temple
so that a few weeks later, i could go and do what the Lord had commanded me to do:
serve the people.

friday was the day that i had spent years dreaming about.
what did the rest of the temple look like?

i had been inside of the atlanta temple before, during an open house,
and i remember being taken aback by the simple beauty there was to behold there.
what i didn't understand, is how much more beautiful it is after it had been dedicated.
sitting in the center of the temple, with people who love and support you, 
and with people you hardly know, yet share a common reason for being there,
is such an amazing feeling. 
there was another family there, taking their son through the temple
so that he would be prepared to serve as well.
he reports to the mexico city mtc a few weeks after i report to the provo one,
but the joy was there on his face that i felt in my heart.

there are many wonderful things that i can't discuss with you about the temple,
but the beauty still exists. the covenants i made there are special to me, 
and i don't want anyone to ever jeopardize that for me, or for themselves.

i know understand why the mission of the missionaries is to get investigators to the temple.
there are so many beautiful things that simply solidify the testimony that you have already.

if you can, go. prepare yourself, understand the proper reason for going.
and get yourself to the temple. 

"I urge all who have not yet received these greatest of all blessings within the walls of the temple to do whatever may be necessary to qualify to receive them."
-James E. Faust-


No comments:

Post a Comment