July 1, 2009

swim meet #4

this swim meet was not as impressive as the others. although i was not late to the meet, only 3 of my 5 events counted for points. for the first time this season, i was in the freestyle. i got 2 of 3 people swimming. then i swam in the A Medley Relay team. hannah, lauren, gabby, and me were the lucky girlies swimming it. Lauren swam backstroke, I swam breast, Hannah swam butterfly, and Gabby of course swam free. We would have gotten first, but the girl swimming against Hannah had a really professional stroke. I swam the backstroke against Lauren. She got first in that event as well, but it was close. Breast stroke was a disaster. I was so close to getting second, but it didn't end up happening. I was past up during my flip turn. I was supposed to be done after that, but right before the relays, my coach asked me what heat i was in for my free. I told him second and he surprised me: "Do the 15-18 relay." I was not impressed, but i didn't really have a choice. We weren't supposed to have competition, but it ended up that they moved two girls up and had them swim with their 15-18 girls. Again we got second. In case of time, our 15-18 boys swam with us, and our coach was not happy with them. two of them did breast and Kristyn was not impressed with that.

but one of the funny things about the meet, was that one of the 15-18 boys is a total ball of fun, and asked me to cheer for him as princess, not by his name. so i called him princess, and i felt funny to be calling him a princess, but he got a kick out of it, and he would cheer for me as princess, so our little joke now is princess.... ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment