July 6, 2009

4th of July!!

Wooo Hoo! The 4th of July! Bring on the fireworks, food, and fun!!



The day started out quite early at 7 o'clock. I need to be at the high school at 8:15 am for a quick warm-up and to line-up. I ended up in the second to last row, but I had fun. The worst part of the entire parade was the lag time between each cadence and Anchors Aweigh. I saw several families on the way to the old Ingles and on the walk back to my parents. Let's see: Cruz's, Hick's, my family, Keinzl's, Miller's, William's, Walter's, and a whole lot more! Thanks so much for coming or noticing that I was there!

After we got back to the house, we grabbed a few things, took a quick power nap and headed over to a friends, the Giacalone's. Rhere were several families there at one point: Giacalone's, Graves's, Bass's, Christiansen's, Phillips's, Vaughn's, Ebbert's, and Ebbert's. (Yes, there were to families there with the same last name. The men are brothers.) We had a huge barbecue, slipping slide, and quite the display of fireworks. One of the fireworks we did exploded out of the bottom and most of them did NOT end up in the sky. The Giacalone's home and their three neighbors' make kind of a square. We were located at the bottom right hand corner of that square, with the fireworks shooting out from the middle of that square. I was scared that one of the fireworks was going to go through the window and set something inside on fire. Luckily nothing of that sort happened.

All in all, the day was quite tiring, but I had oodles of fun, and can't wait for the next 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment