September 15, 2017

that time i actually won

one morning i didn't have to work until later in the afternoon
so i thought i would sleep in.
then i got a call from an unknown number at 6am alaska time.

now usually i do not answer phone calls from unknown numbers,
but something told me to pick it up...
so i did.

on the other end of the phone was a nice woman from the kaplan group,
and she was calling to let me know that my essay had been selected
as the winner in their annual business scholarship.

repeat: i had actually won a scholarship essay contest.

i was so groggy i could hardly comprehend what was being said
but at the same time, i was so excited.
i seriously think i cried after i hung up the phone.

they sent me an email confirming my acceptance of the scholarship,
i received my scholarship monies a few weeks later,
and then they published this article on their blog.

just thought i would leave it here for future posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment