October 2, 2010

driving update

as many of you know, i have had the oppurtunity to get my permit!! exciting!!! lol the last couple of weeks me and my sister have been taking turns driving to early morning seminary and to church. (we would drive to like school functions, but we hardly ever take the suburban around town...) but as of yesterday, the fact that we cant drive when we take the focus is about to change. yesterday after guard practice, my father surprised me and told me that he was going to let me drive for a little while in the parking lot, and then he was going to let me drive the stick home!! aah!! so exciting.

of course as soon as i got into the drivers seat, the heaven's unleashed a new bucket of rain, but that wasnt the hardest part of the drive. the hardest part was timing the clutch release and the gas engaging that was difficult. i had a hard time keeping the car running. in the ten minute ride home i had stalled the car not once, not twice, but SIX times... twice before i had ever left the parking lot!! lol but dont judge me! that car isnt the easiest stick to drive in the entire world. i am sure there are lots easier ones out there. lol


as for my automatic car driving, it is getting better. i have only had two really scary incidents: i over corrected on a turn out front of my house and almost hit the mailbox, and the first time i backed out of a parking space, i hit the wrong pedal (gas instead of brake) and ALMOST hit the curb, but slammed on the brake just in time. yeah.. needless to say, i dont doubt that my seminary teacher from last year thinks that i am a bad driver, and now my oldest younger brother is terrified to sit in the car with me while im driving. hes scared of another incident i guess. lol :) but im doing better (at least i would like to say that i am!) and i look forward to more time with the manual transmission!

No comments:

Post a Comment